Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, Monday


After the wonderful weekend we just had, I can hardly BEAR to go back to the office. 

I'm sorry, that was just awful.  Blame my father, the King Of Puns.  He made me this way. 



This is a bear I made for a friend's baby shower.  I sewed it by hand, using this pattern and tutorial.  It was my first time sewing anything from a pattern, and I couldn't be happier.  The body is made of fleece from the remnant bin, and the patterned bits are quilting fabric, interfaced with medium weight interfacing.  It ended up bigger than I expected, more than 14" tall, but it is just the cutest thing ever.  I hope my friend's baby loves it to death.  I also made her a bunch of burp cloths because, well, you know.



What was the first thing you ever sewed from a pattern?  How did it work out for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment