Friday, September 2, 2011

My first blog post

Hi all! 
Autumn has always seemed to me a time of new beginnings.  I'm sure this is a carryover from school days when the fading of the heat of summer led naturally to thoughts of new notebooks, glue sticks, and the smell of newly sharpened pencils.  I still remember the little twinge of apprehension at the thought of the first day of school, and the sound of leaves rustling under my new shoes on my walks home.  For me, new year's day is in September.
The last year has been one of many changes.  We had a daughter, our first child.  Pregnancy was a surprise, but a wonderful one, and every day since has been more interesting than the last.  Our M is a sweet and sunny girl, and her ecstatic wonder at every new discovery in life inspires me to be mindful of the simple joys I often tend to overlook.
At the start of this new year, I would like to make this kind of innocent wonder a part of my daily outlook.  I want to take in to myself this consciousness of the miracles of everyday life, and be thankful for them.
In this spirit of rebirth and awakening, I am starting this blog.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment