Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Needle Felted Little Red Riding Hood

Good morning, everyone.  I'm sorry I've been gone for a bit.  I got caught up in work, real life and some projects I currently have in progress.
I've been needle felting for a short time, but I wanted to put my work out there and see what people thought of it.  I know my photography leaves something to be desired.  I'm working on it.  :)
I appreciate any and all (constructive) feedback. 
This is Little Red Riding Hood, her grandmother, and the wolf.
The wolf and Grandmother are not finished.  Grandmother still needs flowers on her sleeves, and the wolf does too.  He also needs some work on his mob cap, a piece I am finding exceptionally difficult.
Here is Little Red, up close.

I really enjoyed working on her.  The hood was especially fun to do.  It is not attached to her head, it only covers her head.

I liked making Grandmother's hair.  I'm still trying to decide if she should be holding something "grandmotherly", like knitting.

The wolf's face took some time.  His nose was a whole new type of shape for me.  I am pleased it turned out so well.  I think he still needs some fangs, and maybe a shawl.  He's hiding his paws in his sleeves.

Any thoughts?  Also, someone pointed out to me that there was a woodcutter in this story also.  Should I make a woodcutter to complete the set?

Peace be with you.

1 comment: